100,000,000 - 500,000,000 downloads
- Easy uploading system
- 2 Gb free storage
- Integration into sharing options of the devices
- Lack of integration with other cloud storage services
Dropbox is a web storage service based on cloud computing which allows you to keep and share all your data on multiple virtual servers by file sync.
Dropbox has already exists as a web-based service, but thanks to its Android app, it takes a new dimension: you may backup all the data you keep in your Android uploading it to the cloud. Contacts, photos, sms, apps,... Even if you lose your device, your data will remain safe in the cloud.
The first step you need to take is to create an account in Dropbox. You may do it from the app installed in your Android or by getting into www.dropbox.com. You will get 2 Gb storage for free for registering and 250 Mb extra for each friend you invite to join Dropbox (once he/she sign up). There’s also a paid version with extra storage (9.99$/month for 50 Gb or 19.99$/month for 100 Gb). Then you may create as many folders as you want, setting them as public (everyone can see its content), private (you are the only user who can see its content) or shared (you and whoever you allow to can see its content). Since that moment you will be able to upload by file sync all your data, no matters the format and the size (without exceeding the storage limit). A Dropbox icon will get integrated in the file sharing options of your Android.
For example, after taking a picture, you may select “Menu” and then “Share” and the Dropbox icon will appear in the list of sharing apps (next to messaging, e-mail, Facebook, and the rest). If you select Dropbox, that picture will be uploaded to the folder we select in our Dropbox account. That easy, that useful! You will have this picture and other files that you upload, safe from physical losses. The potential of Dropbox is unlimited and there are coming up some applications as a complements that improves its performance (Droptunes for music, Dropboxifier for games savings, Jotform for receiving files to our Dropbox account from people who doesn’t have a Dropbox account, and many others).
Dropbox has been developed by Dropbox Inc., a promising startup that, despite it has launched just one app in the Android Market, is being really successful thanks to the usability of its web service and its perfect integration with the smartphones.
From our point of view, Dropbox is a MUST HAVE itself. One of those services that becomes a revolution since it changes the way we proceed. Give it a try and it will make your life a little easier.
Read your docs or flip through your albums when you're out and about. Save photos or videos to your Dropbox and share them with friends in just a couple taps. Even if you accidentally leave your Android in a taxi, your stuff is always safe on Dropbox.
• Always have your stuff with you, no matter where you are.
• Save photos and videos to your Dropbox.
• Share your photos and docs with family and friends.
• Save email attachments straight to your Dropbox.
• Easily edit docs in your Dropbox.
Terms of Service: https://www.dropbox.com/terms?mobile=1
In version 188.8.131.52
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
In version 2.3.11:
• New notifications feed for quick access to recent activity
• Send photos and videos to contacts (adds contacts permission)
• New payment options for Pro (adds camera permission)
For more information about why we request these permissions:
- Estanislao M. Downloaded Nov 26, 2013
- Jwalant D. Downloaded Oct 20, 2013
- Keith C. Downloaded Oct 5, 2013
- Maria B. Favorited Sep 27, 2013
- David Favorited Sep 16, 2013
- Javier H. Downloaded Sep 13, 2013
- Kate R. Downloaded Aug 19, 2013
- firstname.lastname@example.org Downloaded Aug 19, 2013
- Julio M. Downloaded Aug 16, 2013
I have lots of work done with dropbox thanks....
Why no batch export? Or export whole folder? Fail.
Watch out, with no explanation the latest upgrade needs access to your contacts. Call that a big fix, dropbox! I won't be upgrading.
Why has the permission changed for you to look through my contacts. Until you fix this Drop box is history. CIA can got too hell.